A perfect snack to munch on with a beverage of your choice or on its own. Gooey, decadent, and dubiously low cal with Shrihit Ultra Diet Atta which is made with 14 grains (Oats, Quinoa, Ragi, Bran, Wheat, Barley, Millet, Gram, Fenugreek, Amarnath, Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Sorghum). They are easy to store once refrigerated for over a week. Believed to be of Dutch/German origin, these cookies are built to be party and holiday stunners!
Serving Size: 4 to 5 cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
100 gm Butter (softened not melted)
100 gm Organic Brown Sugar
120 gm (1 cup) Shrihit Diet Atta
20g (approx 3 twigs) freshly ground Shrihit Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tbsp Water
- Whisk together butter and brown sugar for a minute until it becomes creamy and light brown in color. Add vanilla essence to this mix.
- In another bowl, sieve the diet atta. This is a very important step or your cookies will turn out dense.
- Next, mix baking soda (eno, fruit salt or the soda you use in curries) in 2 tbsp of warm water. Add this to the butter mix.
- Slowly incorporate the flour in the butter mix. REMEMBER, the dough should be slightly hard and not runny! Add more flour if it's runny. Add a dash of milk if it's too hard!
- Refrigerate the dough for about 20 mins. Freezing is very important or your cookies will spread a lot and come out sloppy!
- Let the chilled dough sit on the counter for about 10 mins so that it is easy to roll into small balls! To make your cookies equal-sized and round, use an ice cream scoop.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper. Don't line it with butter/oil or your cookies will spread a lot. If you don't have parchment paper, keep it as it is. Baking trays are usually non stick.
- Next, prepare cinnamon sugar by mixing freshly ground cinnamon with 2 tbsps of brown sugar.
- Roll your scooped cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 180C.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack. Cookies will still be soft but the top will harden once cooled.
- Transfer the cookies on a plate once completely cooled and enjoy it with a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream.