How to make Almond and Cashew milk at home
With everyone jumping on the vegan and healthy bandwagon, almond and cashew milk is a perfect substitute to try your hands on vegan milk alternatives. With very few ingredients and about 10 mins cooking time, this is perfect for smoothies, coffee
Serving Size: 2 glasses
Prep Time: 5 mins (+ overnight soaking of almonds and cashews)
Cook Time: 10 mins
50gm Shrihit Cashews
50gm Shrihit Almonds
2 cups of water
½ tsp Vanilla essence
Agave or sugar (for a chocolate milkshake)
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (for a chocolate milkshake)
- Soak the almonds and cashews overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Next day, blend your almonds and cashews at high speed with the water they were soaked in. Blender is preferred over a food processor to get creamier milk.
- Add the vanilla essence to this mix and give it one last blend.
- Sieve the mixture to get ultra-creamy milk while the almond and cashew pulp will remain in the sieve.
- Voila, your homemade almond and cashew milk is ready for use. Store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, it is best enjoyed fresh.
- To make a chocolate milkshake out of this, add 2 tbsp of Cocoa Powder and sweetener of your choice.